02-12-2020, 03:15 AM   #20
GeorgeA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I was in love with the G37 for a while. We had an EX35 at the time and it was an awesome little SUV. I got a lot of G35 loaners also and thought a G37 with a manual would be amazing.

So one day I bought one at Carmax of all places. Luckily they have a 7 day money back guarantee. Color I wanted, great shape, but I found that manual transmission and engine pairing soooo bad. Transmission felt very sloppy, clutch also kinda springy if that makes any sense. Then while the engine felt great in the automatic, in the manual it just felt sooo slow to rev, rev matching was a pita. Ended up returning it before the 7 days were up. Only car I have ever owned that I think is actually way better as an automatic.

But maybe it's just me, lots of people like the manual on it.
Yea I’m not sure, I had 2 G37’s with a manual and they’ve been great. The clutch is a bit difficult to get used to but I was fine after the first few days. The gearbox I really liked, very mechanical feeling. If I wanted a car to last 25 years, that’s the one I’d go with. I’ve continuously seen these cars over 200k miles running great.
Appreciate 0