View Single Post
      09-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #99
gotturbo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335I

Man, I hate the way people have been attacking this car. I started out my driving life with a 1977 Camaro rally sport. I sold it to my buddy and bought a 1987 Shelby charger turbo. Loved that car and went on to own many front drive dodge turbos until one day getting the itch for more rear drive V8 action after seeing (and hearing) a 5.0 mustang leave a stoplight. My Mustang love continues to this day but I haven’t had one for a while now. I sold mine to buy a new 2007 335i with premium and sport. I had done everything to my stang... kenne bell supercharger with all the goodies, auto to five speed conversion, 4 lug to 5 lug conversion, drums in back to 4 wheel disc. You name it. But it was too nice to drive as it rains so much in Florida. I hated doing all the detailing only to have it ruined the next day. I also had an 01 GT and my ex wife had a 94 GT and an 01 Audi S4. Ended up trading my 335i for a 13 X3 and my daughter was soo sad. When I went from that to a GTI she was more like mad! I ended up full circle by trading my second car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a hemi that I lifted with mud terrains for a 2008 335i identical to my 07 and all was well with the world! Still have it and it’s for sale as I just picked up a 19 X2 M35i. I love BMW’s and I love everything about this car. I’m obviously not platform limited in my mindset like a lot of the haters. At 51 I’m not looking to slide around corners anymore or spend my Friday nights drag racing. Been there done all that. I just don’t get why people hate... BMW still makes rear drive 6 cylinders and I get why people like them. I have one! With twin turbos! But damn, that doesn’t make everything else a waste.. Even my daughter likes it! Lol. But the only person she wants me to sell my 335 to is her!
Appreciate 0