MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beams View Post
Hi All,

I have been looking into upgrading the CID to bigger 8.8". But I have a few concerns about the upgrade, hopefully you can help to clarify.

* Does the CID upgrade void warranty?
* Does the upgrade disables or removes my current subscriptions?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
If you carefully and correctly replace the 6.5” screen with a genuine (BMW oem) 8.8” screen with correct part number for the car then BMW would legally struggle to void your warranty (except in relation to the screen). [Please note this is an International forum and my comment is in respect of U.K. law].

I replaced my screen and it has no effect on any OTA/ subscription services. In brief this means all iDrive functions work exactly as before, with a few layout and feature improvements (made possible due to larger screen size. Eg. Split screen) Please note however that your HU (Head Unit) would need to be coded for the larger screen to work. I have posted details of the code changes needed within several threads on this forum. Plugging in the larger screen without coding will give you a blank display.

Coding change needed to upgrade 6.5” display to 8.8” for f48
Using Bimmercode in expert mode HU NBT 3005 display_pip_config section
Change CID_Display_res from 800x480 to 1280x480
Change CID_Display_ size from 6.5 to 8.8
Now go out and enter 3001 section and find
Display_Variante and change from schmal (German for narrow) to breites (wide)
Now go into Nav section
Find Display_Resolution and change from 800x480 to 1280x480
In brief 4 coding changes in 3 separate section of NBT HU ecu
All changes require expert mode.
Screen works after first two code changes, nav will work also but you need to change res in nav section to get full screen effect in map view and finally section 3005 change is needed otherwise idrive home screen will only show two menu icons (like in 6.5 display) rather than 3.

Last edited by MJE60; 06-11-2019 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 2