02-01-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktober man View Post
hi, I have 11/2017 built 2018 f48. I tried coding to show tire pressure and temperature using Bimmercode. but only blank digit shows beside the four wheels on the display. the wheels are showing green colour before and after coding. Any help and thoughts abt how it can be done? I am not even sure if it can be coded.
Hi
Check and see if your tyre valves are metal or rubber. If they are metal then you have tpms sensors fitted (option 2vb on your car build list - you can do a vin build check online). With metal valves and tpms sensors you can adjust your coding via bimmercode to get pressure and temperature. If you have rubber valves you do not have tpms, instead your car measures rolling diameter of the tyre to give a pressure estimate and no temp reading is possible.
Be aware that if you do have tpms then after coding it will tell you to start driving, only after driving will it give you pressure and temp readings. Until you start driving (needs about mile) it will only show blank digits, the same as when you reinflate your tyres and reset the readings in the idrive menu.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-10-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
X1604M55.50