View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #17
N420i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I think if you're into photo editing, its much more important what type of screen you get (so what kind of panel tech) instead of the resolution. Especially on a 15" screen.
So focus on panel tech (you know, TN, MVA (with its countless subtypes), PVA (again with all kinds of subtypes) and all the IPS variants.....)
That will give far more insight in colour representation, viewing angle etc. (and also decide how much glare the screen you want to have)
I dont know if OLED has already reached 15" and 17" laptops.

Panel resolution is probably the least important factor unless you get something really low on a large screen.
This, for sure.

4k is certainly nice, and the difference in a 15" screen up close can be noticed if you reaaaaally squint, but what's gonna make or break your photo editing is the color accuracy of the display.

I'd go for option 3... And get a nice external monitor. I currently have a decent laptop with a screen I really like and a really, REALLY crappy desktop monitor I'm using right now and the difference kills me even just when web browsing. There's a nice monitor coming to this well-behaved boy's house for xmas...
Appreciate 0