Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutani View Post
Can I ask a question here, I saw the topic here similar to me, I really can't find other suitable categories.
Is such that, which monitor is best for photo and video editing? My Dell laptop screen seems to be ok, but when submitted to SS, sometimes they rejected as it is overexposed. I need 27" Desktop monitor, i saw lots online, but want to learn from you, experience people... I have both laptop and Desktop... It should be HDMI support....Thanks.
No matter what screen you used, you need to calibrate it. Some people think this is about color balance, but brightness is primary in getting an image looking "right." Have friends that are constantly posting shots that are too dark. This usually happens because they took the screen out of the box and left it set at the default "showroom" setting, which is too bright. When you process and image on a screen that brighter than calibration standard, it will look too dark on a calibrated screen. The contrary is true for images processed on a screen that's darker than standard calibration.

Color is important, but the most common error that I notice, when viewing on my calibrated screens, is that EV is out of wack, usually setting eV too low, because the screen is too dark.