Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I wouldn't really think of Rolex as a luxury watch either, at least outside of the Cellini line. The regular line of Daytonas, GMT's, Datejusts, Seamasters and Subs are all sports watches, even with a million diamonds glued to them and made out of soft metals.

JLC would be the big volume leader of what I'd call a luxury watch maker, and of course PP and VC would be the style leaders in luxury watches.

I'm not basing this on price though, as Richard Mille, while comically expensive is something I'd still consider much more of a sports watch than a luxury watch.
What world do you live in where $5,000 watches are not luxury?
Any homes for sale in this world you live in? It sounds wonderful.
Like I said, it's not about price. RM's are six figures, but still more of a sports watch.

Rolexes aren't dressy to me. Wearing one with a suit is fine, but if I'm really dressing up something with less lume, no bezel and finer details makes more sense.

I do agree that Rolex is the starting point for quality watches though, the kind that hold their value or better, have in house movements and are sought after by collectors. PAM is a very similar brand to me for those same reasons.
Appreciate 0