BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
Hello to all.
New owner since 30 November when I got my hands on a Xdrive 2.0i. It is a late October or early November production car I don't really remember and I've already have driven it for 6000km.

From the very beginning I could hear a cranking noise coming from the suspension over potholes, rail crossings etc.
I went to the dealer where they couldn't find anything wrong with the car. I did notice that when we jacked up the car it didn't make the noise for about 300km. Then it started again.

After repeated visits and after I prompted him to ask for any recall, tsb, or something like that he finally found out that BMW already knows about the problem that affects some cars and suggests changing both front wishbones with new ones with a different part number. Old wishbones and new ones don't have any visual differences, probably it's the ball joints that come with them. Don't know.

I now have to drive it for a while to see if it happens again, but I think that we might have solved the problem. Apart from that the car is EXCELLENT.
Just thought I should share it with you guys.
Thanks for that info. Always good to know about others' experiences. I have had no problems whatsoever with mine so far...knock on wood
Enjoy the car. I certainly am!!
Appreciate 0