Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmquadri View Post
Dave - you're the local in those parts - so maybe a little route mapping would be helpful - do you usually go all the way up to the top of mt.tam? or do you take the hwy 1 stinson beach turn?

how far up 1 do you usually go?
I flew back from Vegas on Sunday...needed some fresh air ...so I drove up to Tam.

Usually, I start in Milll Valley, head up to Tam(very top is a nice view, but not a through street), and then head down to Stinson. If I am headed to deep Marin, I'll continue past Stinson on the backroads towards Bolinas and then pop out in San Rafael or Lucas Valley. If i'm head back to the city and just wanted to do a quick/fun drive, like this past Sunday, I'll head back from Stinson on highway 1 and then pop out in Sausalito....so it's a circle from Mill Valley, to Tam, then back to SF....this is the one that I suggest we could do.

You can also throw in Muir Woods and get another section of twisties in. I've honestly been doing these drives for years now....never gets old.

I'll be in town this weekend, maybe playing golf at San Geranimo on Sat, which is also back in the that area as well( Nicasio Valley).

Let me check what my weekend looks like, if open, either Sat or Sun is fine with me.

Funny, those roads(excluding highway 1) really are a bit of a seceret...mostly motorcycle crews, porsches, and a few bmw's bomb through there.

Never been to Marshalls...but for oysters, Hog Island is great over there in Pt. Reyes

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded

Last edited by DJ9; 07-02-2008 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0