Thread: F48 Drama
View Single Post
      02-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #1
Knoxyboy
Rep
Drives: M235i (Gone), 1967 Porsche 912

Exclamation F48 Drama

I thought I would share my experience of the new X1.

As a long standing BMW, BMW Motorrad and Mini customer, Last weekend I traded in my wife's 2014 Mini Cooper SD 5 door for a pre-registered Mineral Grey X1 2.0d X Drive Sport. It was a nice car, registered by my local BMW dealer in December 2015 with 10 miles on the clock. It had Dakota Leather, Heated Seats, Sun Protection Glass 19" wheels and Sport Auto. We collected the car last Monday 8th February

Now you may notice that I am speaking in past tense, that is because in the five days we had the car, it was in the dealers workshop for 2 days with a repetitive issue of the media / idrive system crashing and re-booting. When it was returned, after repair, the issue still existed but worse, on Friday (Day 5) the car suffered a complete breakdown, dashboard light up like a Christmas tree, total loss of drive, failure to start. This resulted in it having to be recovered.

I immediately contacted the dealer, who I must say have been excellent throughout, sending a driver and a new X3 within 20 mins of the breakdown to allow me to get on with my day. I intimated that I intended to reject the car under the newly enacted UK Consumer Rights Act 2015. I also contacted BMW customer services via email on Saturday morning, they responded within 10 mins expressing their sorrow and assuring me that the issue would be resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.

By 2.00pm on Saturday, and following some calm and civilised discussion, the issue was resolved with an agreement to accept a brand new factory built car to our spec / colour, with additional options at no cost, as a gesture of good will for my inconvenience. I also have the use of the X3 until our new car arrives.

Granted, I am a pretty demanding customer who knows his rights but I must say that this is a truly exceptional level of customer service from both the dealer and BMW UK.

S**T happens but my measure is how effectively that S**T is cleaned up. I am not sure what was wrong with the original car and I may never know but despite the frustration of this issue, I now have even greater brand loyalty than before.
Appreciate 0