View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #25
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Okay final update on this!

Well after trying out different ride heights I ended up being able to level out the X1 at approx. 1.2" drop. This was basically with the rear spring perch just a little over half off the threaded sleeve and the front pretty much 98% maxed out to the top (BTW according to the KW literature included with this kit this is way out of spec but I was just testing stuff out to see how everything would go). Got a good ride height, no shimmy from standing stop so all was good... Until.

We loaded the X1 up with three adults and a baby w/babyseat, roof box, stroller, pack and play, a bunch of luggage and some coffees! Then the wobble slowly presented itself and depending on the size of the dip or bump in the road we started to get coil bind (which basically feels like a shock bottoming out but worse!) So in the end I've decided to dump the KW's. I need to ensure the X1 is reliable and comfortable not only for me but for my wife and kid so I've reinstalled the OEM setup for the time being. I'll be posting up the KW kit for sale if anyone else is interested in dropping their X1 approx 1.5"~2"+ and is willing to live with the standing start shimmy.
Including photos of the springs at the highest point to achieve a standard 1.2" drop from stock.
Appreciate 0