01-25-2022, 04:33 PM   #94
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ007 View Post
I read this interview watched the clips and read a lot of comments in this thread about Herr Dukec’s designs. As someone with a design degree and a love of all things automotive I watch the great German Brand of BMW being destroyed infuriating and distressing and this codswallop about “Good Design isn’t about pretty or ugly” is a completely ludicrous statement.

Herr Dukec’s designs; lack elegance, have jarring lines firing off in all directions, aren’t cohesive around the vehicle, and apart from the absurd kidney grilles (he’s clearly from the school of thought massive brand labels on your clothes make you look cool) there are very few design features left that bear any relation to BMW heritage.

Anyway I was so annoyed it begged the question in the Early 2020s is it now completely and utterly impossible to design a good looking BMW? The craziest thing about this bizarre new design direction is the engineering and technology under the skin is better than ever, class leading in many ways.

So I have; pondered and sketched and rendered. I have renderings of the 3, the 5, the 7, the IX, and I’m now working on the BMW XM and wondered if I dare show them to you would you be interested I’ve tried to do something new whilst using the BMW cues we know so well. Say yes and I’ll share some of my work if you’re curious, just be kind to a shy designer😉

Go for it. It has to be better than his!
Appreciate 0