Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrveron View Post
Thanks, Marty!

And what about tire width? I'm buying a new set of 19x8.5" wheels and I'm not sure if I should buy 245/40r19 or 255/40r19 tires. Both are a good fit, compared to 19" OEM wheels.

Any recommendations? Thanks
Personally I like wider tires, just think they look good. I've have pretty much gone with the widest tire that will fit my cars. More rubber on the road = more traction. However, there are issues that creep up on you as you go wider. They are harder to keep from getting uneven wear, they usually have lower sidewall height which translates in a speedometer error, more rubber on the road means more noise, especially as they wear and they cost more.

Go here and plug in your two sizes and you will see what the speedometer error will be. --> https://tiresize.com/calculator/

In your case, its not much but as you can see, if you set your cruise at 60, you are actually going 60.7. Not enough for a speeding ticket but just something to be aware of when playing around with different sizes. You will also need to know if the wider tire will fit not only your rims but the car itself, meaning it won't scrape against any part of the wheel well or suspension parts as you go over large bumps and the tire pushes upward into the wheel well.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
jrveron265.50