02-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #45
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I can see that this might change.. I'm not sure how the wastegate connector will help if the MAF was freaking out. Terry had no input other than the intake I had itself was messing with the MAF. I have a perfect diameter piping to the intake snorkel diameter so looking at the design of the BMS intake it really is the same. xcelir8bmw had a slightly smaller diameter piping and that could have possibly been part of the issue.

Either way, if you want to give it a shot with the JB4, by all means I am curious if it will behave!
I noticed also the types of filters used. Bms choose to use a inverted cone filter. This helps get rid of turbulence. Turbulence can mess with maf readings. If you go back some years, some vehicles had a honeycomb shaped device in front of the maf to smooth the air and to keep it from being turbulent. There's a ton of factors to get a solid maf reading. The spacing of the maf sensor also plays into it. If the sensor is sitting to deep it won't read correctly. The bms intake looks to have the same mounting spacing as the oem intake.
Appreciate 0