View Single Post
      09-23-2022, 10:15 AM   #11
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

My friend your journey has just begun. My advice is but some comfortable shoes.

I’m Doing a 3rd floor addition. I interviewed a few architects and hired one. He flaked out. Hired a second on the recommendation of my contractor. Got the plans done and that tool 5 months. These guys are very busy at least the good ones near me.

So now we filed permits, I paid and expediter and a paid for fast track with the town. It was filed first week of June 2022 and I’m still waiting.
They are also swamped.

Only good news is cost of goods For construction seems to be decreasing instead of increasing.

Good luck. Whatever your time line double it. Whatever your budget for finishing after the build I added 30 percent to first estimate just to be safe. That’s in my wife’s control so I pretty much dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
I'm going to be building a house this year and I'm having a heck of a time finding a good architect.

You've probably seen me rant before that literally nobody can do anything right in my area and I'm once again finding this to be true. I can barely get anyone to answer the phone, let alone not lose my file, remember our appointments, and I've not yet gotten even one to get to the actual next step phase.

I don't want to have to beg someone repeatedly to call me back who is not eager to do the job that I'm paying them for. I'm ready to get someone out of state. Anyone on here do this for a living or know of one?

Last edited by jsf721; 10-02-2022 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 2
whyzee1251660.50
nyalpine907423.50