View Single Post
      09-22-2022, 09:38 PM   #10
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Right on, appreciate the detailed reply! Lol that's solid advice too. One of those that you mentioned has actually been my first choice!

Interesting idea, but could work here too. Thank you!

I'm looking to build a small house (but not a tiny house) with a garage, efficient loft style interior, and a patio. I found exactly one design that exists that's perfect for my needs but the architect does not want to sell the plans and would rather design another one. I agreed but they wanted $25k to design a 700 square foot house which is absolutely insane. My parents paid $6k to have a house designed that's nearly 10 times that size. I would honestly pay $6k but not $25K, no way.
Hunt down Pat Jeski in Michigan (suburbs of Ann Arbor and Detroit). Was a member of PCA back when he built his multi-car garage with lift, pit, bar and bathroom, with attached single guy really cool kitchen/bath/bedroom/sitting area and deck. In the woods, you’d never know it was there and never guess what the inside was like. May be a design to start from. This was 2009 so good luck.
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251668.00