Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBeuro View Post
Great info! I think i'm going to go with a catback. As far as downpipe, I wonder if the factory one is good enough. I heard the stock one is not that bad. I wonder what the power/headache from cel ration would be lol. I wonder if any companies would come out with a flash tune yet or piggyback would be the best to go.
The factory one is good don't get me wrong. The problem though is that it's still restrictive. Because of this, going catless can potentially open up 60+ horsepower at the crank. Not a bad bump when looking at a $300-500 performance part.

In time someone will have a flash tune, however the downside with a flash tune is you can't flash it back and hide the fact you had a tune. The ECU has to be opened which breaks the seals and means the manufacturer will easily notice this. With a piggyback, such as the JB4, you can unplug it within 5-10 minutes and be completely back to stock for a service appointment, or 5-10 minutes before the tow truck comes to pick your car up from the side of the road because you blew a gasket. The JB4 has some serious gains and is always being tweaked to be better. The JB4 price you pay gets you free updates as long as they are being developed and it also allows you to put in a Bluetooth adapter to have extra gauges on your phone to see your boost pressure, IRTs, etc. which are good for preventative actions before romping on the car.

Personally, I'd say go piggyback. If you plan on going catless DP, then JB4 all the way. If you want pure simplicity of removing the tune, then there are a couple more options out there like the Active Autowerke-8 piggyback and the tune from Dinan. All produce gains, all take about the same amount of time to remove as the JB4.
Appreciate 0