View Single Post
      04-22-2020, 10:24 PM   #30
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Why do you think Ricciardo or Sainz wouldnt be team players? I dont think they would necessarily settle for No2 status, but I dont think they would clash with LeClerc like Vettel has. From what I have seen, Ricciardo and Sainz are clean racers and would make a good replacement for Vettel. I'd give the upper hand to Ricciardo though since he has more experience and is a proven race winner. Pairing LeClerc with Sainz would probably be the least experienced driver lineup Ferrari has ever had.

Is anyone taking the reports seriously that Gio is being considered as a replacement? He's only had one year of experience and hasnt excelled in that year as well as LeClerc did in his first year. Why would Ferrari choose him over Ricciardo and Sainz? If they have any aspirations to win the constructors title, they surely have better choices than Gio. Not to mention that they cant wait any longer to help him get better. It's already been over decade since they won their last title....
its just a guess of course but after having some tension between Lec and Vet i believe Ferrari will settle for a true 2nd driver starting from the contract to avoid that.. just like in early 2000's with Rubens they did.. Gio was already a reserved driver few years ago in Ferrari, he raced for Sauber, he has some experience in Le Mans, he is Italian, and he is dying to race for Ferrari, ready to be team player for it..

Ricciardo wont settle for 2nd driver role i believe even he is a team player at the same time.. his annual check is big, he wants to win a tittle.. if he goes to Ferrari, it ll be a powerful line up for sure but its obvious that there ll be some tension after some races especially considering how Ferrari's in race decisions generally dont come up good.. this option ll be more fun but probably more headaches for Ferrari as well..

Sainz is a consistent guy and he is fast.. his relation with Norris is so far fun but its more likely since Norris is a fun guy.. and wondering who could have some tension with Norris anyway.. Sainz is not a rookie anymore and its time for him to prove he is like his father, a champion with slight a chance he could get..

so the strongest line up d be Leclerc and Ricciardo but there ll be friction when they re together.. Italian fans love Leclerc already vastly and Ferrari d do anything to keep him..