Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugzZ BunnY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phefner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
I get also one as a loaner for 1 week and I really like it, even if I drive an F82, the X2 is really fun to drive, good looking and compared to the E84 of my wife, it will be a nice upgrade!
Turned it back in yesterday...service adviser asked what I thought. Looked over at the car, looked back at him, replied, "why"? He laughed. Said he gets that almost every time.

Most aren't seeing it. At least those of us who grew up on the smaller lineup of 3's, 5's and 7's plus TRUE M cars and special runs of 6's and 8's.

And therein might be the issue we debate. I'm wondering if the car has more appeal to a younger segment.
It's funny you say that. When we did our training on this before it a came out, they told us they were aiming for a younger, more "hip" crowd. They actually had a slide of a mom driving this and she had a full sleeve. But what has actually happened is little old ladies are buying them instead. This car is selling to the exact opposite market of what they intend and it's also falling flat on its face and no one can sell them. This should have without a doubt been a hot hatch like the 135i in Europe. Or just lower it and make it rwd.
The same thing happened to the Honda Element and Scion xB. These were intended for the young crowd and ended up being adapted by a far more mature audience than originally intended.

I recently had a X2 loaner and generally liked it. The more restricted outward visibility didn't bother me as much I thought it would. Car handles nice and it is well put together as any other BMW is. But my basic sample stickered at $40K. For that money I much prefer a 330i or a 1-2 year old CPO 5 series, 340i, etc.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0