Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Do you guys have the new Q3 yet? Anything looks better than the old one we still have. And the GLA is a bit naff too.

The X1/X2 is a full class down from the 3er thorough, so of course it won't have as nice of an interior. I will say that the Mini seats are abysmal though, BMW should really put better seats in the X1/X2.

Sad to say it, but my Mk7 has a better interior than our F30, and it was barely half the price of the BMW. I wouldn't expect too much of the G20, interiors have never been BMW's strength.
I think we do, but I’m afraid I don’t take a lot of notice of Audi, since I tested a TT a couple of years ago and my local Audi dealer offered the worst service I’ve ever experienced!!

The X2 may well be a class down from 3 series, but it costs just as much and that’s why I won’t touch it.

I take it you’re talking Golf Mk7..? If so I had one a couple of years ago and while the interior was good, my current F30 is better.. the LCI did improve the F30 centre console by a mile tho!

I disagree over bmw interiors, both my e90 and e92 had totally bulletproof interiors, I’d say as good as the Porsche I recently sold. But the F30 interior was a step down in quality definitely!!
Comparing Mk7 to LCI F30, the VW has nicer materials and generally looks more cohesive. Having owned a handful of Audi/VW and BMW's though I'll say that working on and replacing things in BMW's seems to be easier and better thought out.

So the actual surfaces and what you touch seem nicer in the VW, but I suspect over a decade the BMW will hold up better, especially with a little maintenance.

The X1/X2 being Mini based just spells disaster though, at least if looking at used Minis is any sort of indicator.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00