View Single Post
      03-10-2024, 11:24 AM   #3
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Your location is given as Pasadena. From Pasadena to Los Angeles is like 11 miles. You can't be stymied by 11 miles... You must be wanting the Tesla delivered to some more distant location.

Would help to know at least the city...

There are ways to get a car delivered. The Tesla dealer (is that the right term?) should be able to advise you regarding how to get the car to your location.

Or you can arrange to have the car trucked to your location.

One time I thought I'd need to have a car trucked from CA to AR I contacted Intercity Lines. This was (at the time) the trucking line used by Porsche to ship cars around.

Back in 2020 I got a quote of nearly $1800 to have a car hauler truck haul my 2018 JCW from Livermore CA to Benton County AR. Roughly 1800 miles.

I ended up selling the JCW before I left CA. Just kept my Hellcat...

A used Tesla?

Have you thoroughly checked out the car? I have read horror stories about used EVs. I'd be very leery of buying a used one. It would only alleviate my concern a bit if the used EV came with a good used car warranty. But with a Tesla even with the best warranty where would you get it serviced/worked on?
Actually new ones aren’t that much more and you get 3 months supercharging plus 10k miles supercharging. Used ones are about 23 miles away so about $35 Uber ride.
Appreciate 0