11-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #9
pedro mtech
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesagi View Post
Hi There,
I have recently installed Car play unit to my 2016 BMW X1 F48 NBT unit. Carplay does work without any issues however, there is a strange loud noise is coming randomly from the ground wire when I start the ignition or open/close the trunk! After talking to the seller he told me I need to connect the black wire to any car screw which I did. However, the noise doesn't go away.

Please note, the sound doesn't happen frequently and there is no electric spark.

I have uploaded a video here..
In this video, you can see the car play unit Ground wire is connected to the top screw and the strange noise happened at the 5th second which caused the phone to vibrate.

please, could someone let me know if this is a serious issue or not! And also, is there anything else I can do to avoid the sound. thanks.
Same problem as mine. It happens randomly and always when I open a door or trunk then a loud noise come from the Speaker. Carlinkit Customer service suggested me to tap ground-audio and USB ground wires and try if It works. Did You fixed the problem?
Appreciate 0