General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by second_after_jesus View Post
Hi,

I have a european x1 produced in 2021 with business navigation. VIN is WBA11AB0105U37848.

I'll try to disassemble front panel to see if my head unit has a wifi port.

Q1: What about car service? If for example I go to the dealership for oil change and they upgrade car software. Do I need to repeat carplay activation again then?
Q2: I don't have a Windows PC. Only Macbook. Is it possible to make remote activation from virtual Windows running on top of VirtualBox?
Q3: Do I need to buy a wifi antenna and plug it into wifi port if my head unis has a port?
1. Dealer would not program car during oil change, but if you have services that required dealer programming, CarPlay needs to be reactivated. If FSC CarPlay FSC Code was utilized, it does NOT need to be replaced as it remains valid.
2. Mac you need Bootcamp.
3. WiFi antennae will always improve phone connection, but many do not use and it works so long as phone is close to dash.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0