View Single Post
      07-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #631
Rayscott
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 228ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I watched a documentary about power meter training a while back. I don't recall which racing series they looked at when collecting data over i think 13-15 years, though i believe it was a TT Worlds Championship. An interesting pattern emerged. Every year the record was broken but every other year the collected power data was lower than the prior. Then the next year when the record was broken, the power data was higher. The following year, the power data was lower. They deduced that coincided with the release of new tech, gear, wind tunnel testing, etc... Say 2005 the winning average power was 440w, then new tech hits the circuit and in 2006, the winning average power, (with lower elapsed time) was 418w. Then in 2007, the winning average watts were 457 and so the pattern continued throughout the years in which the collected and analyzed the data. Very interesting.

I still find it super interesting how two people riding side by side in the same conditions going the same speed can have substantially different power output. I ride next to a thin tall guy and he throws down an average of 332w over a strava segment while i have to average nearly 500w to maintain the same time as him. Kind of pisses me off, but then, i really don't want that speed bad enough to have his body type. lol

Those look like dehydrated legs to me.
500 watts, You are an animal.
Appreciate 0