View Single Post
      09-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #11
nitrojunky
Private
Rep
Drives: C6Z, 335i, e90M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
I love the F8x M's, but not enough to get me out of my C6Z. Completely different animal. I'm having my heads redone now, and having a considerable power bump at the same time. Buying one that has heads already done is a nice bonus.

If you're going to be tracking a fair amount, then get the C6Z, and spend some money on brakes, and seats. The car is incredibly capable on street tires. It demands respect to drive fast.

I don't find the interior in mine as offensive as everyone likes to point out. It's utilitarian with no gee-wiz gadgetry. When you open it up, the last thing on your mind is the aesthetics of the radio buttons.

Want a daily car that car that can make you smile at the track? Get the BMW.
Looking for a no-holds-barred track monster that is liveable day to day, get the Z06.
i've owned a C6Z for about 4 years and have driven the M4. the above thoughts are pretty much exactly the same as mine. i did my heads a few months ago and it's nice to drive the car without fear of grenading. my thought is that the BMW is a much nicer car but the Z is the more pure sports car. they're two very different cars tho they get cross shopped because it seems a lot of us are attracted to both.

i'm on the fence regarding my next car related move, but my present inclination is to keep the Z (and slowly turn it into a more and more track oriented car) and add an f80 as a very big DD upgrade.
Appreciate 0