01-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #44
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
I've never been able to get over the build quality (or lack thereof) on GM cars... and while the corvette has always had a great bang for the buck reputation in performance, I think you give up a lot in the way of luxury.

On a side note, I clicked around on the Chevy site to configure a Corvette, just really to take a look at the options. Is it me, or is something wrong there - where the builder says, "well qualified buyers" will receive a 14.7% APR!! Wow, is that the recommended APR from the Federal Government after taking over GM, or do they just prefer you NEVER use them to finance? Haha! Insane.
Not sure about that financing thing, but if you haven't recently, take a look at the GM cars that have been redesigned in the last 2-3 years and rejudge build quality. I got to sit in the new Corvette and while it's not a new Porsche (understandable since it doesn't have a Porsche price tag), it feels much closer to a Porsche than to a rental car, which is what I thought of the C6 interior when I first sat in one.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0