09-10-2020, 07:05 AM   #3
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
I love my X2M35, while I have never had a true "sports car" I have owned Acura TSXs and a GS Legend coupe, 2 out of 3 with sticks (first tsx was an auto), a few Saabs, an S70T5 Volvo in the 90s (another go fast version). and my first BMW was a 2013 335 stick base model. So my short answer is the car is a hoot to drive, handles well, is not as low slung as the sedans and for old guys like me my back is much happier.

billnchristy was very right about tech. iDrive6, no blind spot no 360 cameras, etc. also if you want the adaptive cruise control no heated steering wheel (which is a mystery I went for warm hands in upstate NY) and if you want the adaptive suspension only 19" wheels. I have it and like it. I have gotten a tad over 32 MPG on the highway and a around 20 in city driving, heavy foot

Give one a good shake down. If you are in to the tech try an x3 m40 Driven one as a loaner for a couple of weeks waiting on part (back up cell phone battery for the connected drive) and it was decent, too big for my taste but it might be an alternative if you the X2 isn't for you.

I cross shopped the Alfa Giulia (not the Q4), Volvo S60 with polestar and the X40, and the 330, The M440 wasn't out in April of 2019. Liked this way more than any thing else. It hit the right spot in performance, safety (big deal for Mrs. Rounderman) and some practicality. so there you have it no regrets and already thinking of 2022 when my lease is up. If they have upped the tech with Android Auto (not available currently and blind spot to appease the boss it will be a slam dunk on another one

have fun and good hunting

Last edited by rounderman; 09-11-2020 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0