View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 09:47 PM   #102
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

yeah, i'm definitely not driving it WOT at any point but i am driving it spiritedly and it would be a marked and notable difference if it did trigger the failsafe and default back to stock settings and thus far it hasn't.

either way, map 2 is way, WAY more apt to run for my application on this vehicle's engine. map 1 was so unrefined that if things weren't to improve upon receiving the BT unit, i was going to return the entire thing.

edit: are you only driving it WOT for the purposes of sending information to BMS or do you actually drive the car WOT routinely? because if you drive it routinely spiritedly but not to the absolute max, a higher map may work out for you. unless i'm passing someone on the highway and the highway happens to not be gridlocked or even have normal southern california traffic, then i'll have maybe 3/4 of the accelerator depressed and that's an estimate, i just know it's never pushed all the way to the floor. i was always taught that driving WOT should be used for emergencies only and i still largely subscribe to this viewpoint as it does put a lot of strain on the engine. anyhow, if you're just encountering problems WOT, then yeah, maybe those are to be expected, but try out a higher map driving 'normally' however that may be save for pushing the car to its limits (unless that's your normal in which case you should keep your custom map).

Last edited by Davy Jordi; 09-24-2020 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0