Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
I never said he's not good. He's amazing as a driver but not to the God-like degree some media and people describe him as.

And yes, I hate him. I have the right to hate and unfortunately it's this talented young man! As a person I think Vettel (as an example) is now genuine to the sport and more genuine as a person. While I'm typing this I'm watching the race again only on-boards with Vettel and Hamilton and listening to the radio you can easily tell HAM was panicking and he keeps asking his engineer questions he should know the answers for. While it's the opposite with Vettel, who sticks his hand out to check for rain and tells his race engineer what he thinks should be done. People liken HAM to Senna but Senna (and VET) used to tell his engineers what to do. I was watching free practice the other day and HAM went on the radio and told the engineers that he has understeer, VET had the same thing and when he went on the radio he told his engineer he needed 3 click on the front wing and less pressure on the front tires. To me Vettel is a better driver despite the multiple mistakes lately.
Good for you to hate another human being.

Let's deconstruct this. VET has made mistakes while under pressure from HAM for YEARS now. Mistakes on him and no one else. He cracks and shatters like an egg dropped from 100 feet. He led the championship in 2017 and 2018 handily and ended up binning the car multiple times under pressure from HAM.

And the people that describe him as one of if not the best ever are people like: Button, Wolff, the late, great Niki Lauda, Rosberg, Alonso, James Allison, Paddy Lowe, etc. I could go on and on and on.

While I'm not a huge VET fan and actually feel sorry about his lack of performance since 2017...I will never state I hate him. And btw...unless he recovers his form and/or learns to adapt to a car without a completely stable rear end, he will never have the same respect from the paddock as Hamilton has.

To say that VET is a better driver than HAM is laughable. Period. End of story.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3