07-29-2019, 11:57 AM   #114
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Not sure if serious.

You do know that it's ok to be the fan of a driver without regard to the team they drive for...no?

It seems that you have Hamilton hatred deep in your heart. And no...I've been watching Formula One since I was about 10 or 11 years old. James Hunt, Gilles Villeneuve and Mario Andretti were my first fav drivers. Later, as I learned more about the history of the sport, Von Tripps, Phil Hill, Jim Clark, and a host of others became my idols.

Like Prost, MSC and Senna...you are watching something special with HAM. It's too bad you evidence too much hatred to see it.

And so you don't think I'm a fanboy...I've been watching HAM since the lesser formulae. Formula Renault and GP2. And before you doubt his driving ability keep this in mind: He has a higher win rate in Spec Series than he has in Formula One.

Cheers-mk
I never said he's not good. He's amazing as a driver but not to the God-like degree some media and people describe him as.

And yes, I hate him. I have the right to hate and unfortunately it's this talented young man! As a person I think Vettel (as an example) is now genuine to the sport and more genuine as a person. While I'm typing this I'm watching the race again only on-boards with Vettel and Hamilton and listening to the radio you can easily tell HAM was panicking and he keeps asking his engineer questions he should know the answers for. While it's the opposite with Vettel, who sticks his hand out to check for rain and tells his race engineer what he thinks should be done. People liken HAM to Senna but Senna (and VET) used to tell his engineers what to do. I was watching free practice the other day and HAM went on the radio and told the engineers that he has understeer, VET had the same thing and when he went on the radio he told his engineer he needed 3 click on the front wing and less pressure on the front tires. To me Vettel is a better driver despite the multiple mistakes lately.

Last edited by msk340i; 07-29-2019 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0