Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattspiral8 View Post
well this is a leased vehicle. so do you think having it repaired would still be beneficial?
not sure if i want to file a claim through my insurance, because if i decide to sell the car before lease end, it would show an accident on file and id get a big hit on the price.
so not too sure what to do at the moment.
1- Bmw isn't going to accept that at lease turn in. See the video below. I believe when you look at the ding chart thing, that doesn't fit.

2- That is up to the body shop, some may put something in CarFax. Others may not even if you file a claim w/your insurance company or pay cash. That is something to ask your body shop before repairs, its 50/50 with the insurance company. Also it come down to what they put in Carfax as a description. I would ask both your insurance company and the body shop before you come to a decision, and also ask what comments will be put in.
I had hail damage on my a 05 545I 3 times and it was never put in Carfax even with my insurance company paying for it. Granted it was never over $1500 in damage each time.

3- If its a lease, your probably better off having BMW do it. Then if anything is wrong its on them. An BMW may not even put it in Carfax either. Keep in mind they want to sell the car at the end of the lease CPO, they want a clean carfax as well. An might consider that a "scratch"

Also that looks like a bat or trailer hitch/ball.. impact, not coming to the aid of the hit and runner.. however, they may have not even known.

Last edited by DocWeatherington; 05-04-2015 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0