View Single Post
      09-16-2023, 04:11 PM   #30
srh007
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Retired View Post
Hi guys I’ve had a recall letter to do with EGR valve/cooler/software but it said don’t call us they’ll contact me when parts are available in the uk but like a previous post I’ve lost count of the number of recalls/repairs I’ve had for this issue. It’s unfortunate because other than the sun blind issue car is great, love it. 2016 20d just short of 50k.
Yes, I was already booked in for the recall when I had that same letter arrive. The dealership still had the car for the day to look over and check that the EGR was within the perimeters required.

My car was within the spec, I was told, so the immediate replacement of the EGR and cooler was not needed. I was advised that in the coming 12 months or so, when the parts are readily available, I will be sent another letter to advise that the part will be replaced.

Apparently the new cooler that will be fitted, has the actual EGR and cooler as the same part, which means that the car will get a new EGR valve at the same time as the cooler - which I liked the sound of.

In the meantime, I can take the car back at any point if I am concerned and they will carry out the check again.

It was good service by my local dealership and I have been impressed so far - even though this was my second recall in the past year!
Appreciate 0