View Single Post
      07-13-2022, 04:24 AM   #25
Bavarian03
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000 View Post
Sorry to hear that you are having many issues with your car bud.
A goodwill request is basically an email that you need to send to the headquarters.
You need to describe the problems you are having and state that these faults are design faults appearing on every X1 and should be fixed by a recall for free rather than you facing a massive bill for repair.
You need to go down hard on them but sound professional at the same time.
To be honest, the best outcome will be they will reduce your bill from the cost of labour or the part itself. Or give you discount on overall costs of the repair.
It all depends on the country.
From reading free of charge will be only if you have extended warranty.
There is somewhere on the web a blank copy of this email, where you can just fill in your details.

Best of luck bud and if you are in the UK, drop me a PM, I can certainly fix the rolling error. I have fixed a few by now.
I have the same problem (early 2016 F48) for a few months now. The gear lever works fine (does not come off position) so I erased the warning with BimmerLink - it came back again though.

After reading about it here, I asked the main BMW dealer near me (Greater Manchester area, UK) and they said they never heard of this issue and they certainly didn't comment on the warning appearing when I took the car there for a brake pad service last month.

I am willing to try and fix this myself (encouraged by the posts here) but would like to know if it is worth replacing the spring (with what other spring?) or is it sufficient to just unwind the existing spring a little as suggested by most?

Many thanks!
Appreciate 0