BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
No
So can you clarify on what you meant then?

Quote:
My next car is most likely going to be an EV.

Battery warranties on Teslas have been the same for 10 years, by your math it should be double what it currently is. Tesla can't alter the laws of physics.
Tesla can't, and neither can anyone else. You're right.

When did tesla launch their first production car available for sale?

Where are they now?

If anything, tesla is still 10 years ahead of everyone else. On a "dead" battery technology. It will only improve from here. The ICE ban is 2035. Not tomorrow. So time will only help EV. But time is also the enemy of ICE.

Quote:
So you don't know? Or you just plan to throw the car away regardless?
I guess i can use the same reply just above.

Quote:
You can clean an engine with carbon buildup, you can't clean the degraded chemistry in a battery.
Is carbon cleanup on a 30k engine still under warranty? Let's say my M3 has 30k miles. Can i schedule a carbon cleanup tomorrow and it'll be covered? If not, how much does that usually run?

You can't clean a degraded battery. You replace it. If battery warranty is 10 year, you have nothing to worry about for 10 whole years.

And as i said earlier. As time moves foward, this technology will improve thus running up the warranty to maybe 12 years or 15. If you buy an EV in 2035 because you want to wait, imagine not having to worry about a battery replacement out of your pocket until 2050?

The average age of a car on the road today is 12 years. Are you keeping your cars longer than 12 years? People lease. People finance for 60 or 72 months. Then trade or sell and get something new.

These habits all fall under a battery warranty if a warranty lasts 10-15 years.

Quote:
source?

lol you really think modern DI engines have a better longevity than engines of the past? I'm not talking about the 70s carb engines.

Quote:
And every one of them faces this financial liability. It represents the entire brand, and numerous others.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/7935230001/

“A Chevy Volt, with just 70,000 miles, needed a new battery and some coolant,” reads an Aug. 25 post shared more than 600 times. “That'll be $30,000 dollars please!”

Cool. So a chevy bolt. And a 2013 model s.

Hmmm. 2 cars of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of EV's on the road.

I'll take a chance at keep owning an EV.