Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Looks like really top notch work. I thought i saw some un-eveness on the upper region but I think that is due to the larger weave? Maybe you used to much vacuum power and it distorted the weave a little.

Looks really good though. Did you re-clear this or is that a polished resin?
Thanks...no uneveness...could be the picture. I don't see it. I always use automotive clear on the parts so they won't yellow and turn. All the stuff I use has UV protection in the resin and clear. I think I took this picture before I final wet sanded and polished it also.

I can do them in the smaller weave. I did a gear shift trim to match an E90 OEM trim and it matched perfectly. so if someone wanted more of the OEM look, I could do that as well. Here is a picture I did in the OEM weave, but did it like the textured CF trim in the new F3x series in matte finish.

I am trying to imagine what's around the switch now? Isn't it gloss blck trim or carbon fiber already? Can you make the same thing for the cup holder surrounds? I have CF steering wheel insert, console trim and shifter but the cup holder is still chrome and I hate it.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0