11-16-2020, 10:58 PM   #18
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Yep!

I'll tell you, the thing is an absolute tank. That said, I have the newest one you can legally get, and it is 23 years old. Sure, you can get <100k examples, but you're going to want a '95 - '97 ('96+ for me since I want OBDII). With the right (read, correct) options, you're looking at biiiig coin for what it is. I mean $77k + fees on BaT?!?! A '95 just sold for $60k. Makes me happy with what I've got.

My opinion, you got the right truck. They sell for now with 50k miles what they sold for new and more appropriate technology. While mine is indestructible, it's only at that point because effectively everything has been replaced. Yours will be many, many years to that point.

That said, it's my adventure truck and adventures we shall see! I'm worried we are the minority with overlanding on here, however. I wonder if it will make it to Seattle...
Yeah, crazy money right now for all these Toyotas. I know the quality is top notch and they just keep on running, but eventually age catches up. They may not die on you and strand you but rubber seals dry out, plastic parts crack, etc. You cant fight age! Every plastic piece on our Delica was brittle as hell. Electrical connectors, interior trim pieces, etc would all would snap off in your hand. That was the reason I wanted not only a Toyota but one that was less than 10 years old.

Anyway, love yur 80 series. Let's start an over-landing thread!
Appreciate 1