11-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #14
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Thanks! The drawer is just cabinet grade Baltic Birch. Comes in a 5x5 sheet. We used it exclusively when I worked in a cabinet shop as it's much higher quality than the standard 4x8 sheets you typically get at the local home improvement store.

The frame is anodized aluminum. Ordered from these guys as I found their site to be really well laid out with lots of instructional videos and ideas: https://8020.net/product-basics That said, it's NOT cheap. You can find this stuff for less through Amazon and such. But being totally new to it I don't want to fuss with not being sure all the parts would fit so I just sucked it up and ordered from 8020. One thing I really liked is the precision. Everything is bang-on perfect from length, to perfect right angles on cuts. I spent about 5 hours planning it out and shopping and about an hour assembling, which is the exact opposite of how I usually roll when using wood or fabricating metal where I just buy a crap ton of material and see where the project takes me.

Digging those overhead shelves! I need to make some myself.

"80 series" as in Landcruiser?!
You had me at "precision." Machinists hated me when I did actual engineering as an engineer. GDT in the thousandths of millimeters It may be time for me to dust off the SolidWorks and Siemens NX and come up with something for the, yes, 80 Series Land Cruiser.

The rarest of North American spec 80s actually (1 of 9 - may be the only one without OEM roof rack or side steps). '97 Collectors Edition in 6M1 Emerald Green Pearl over Oak. Triple locked from the factory, adjustable BP51 suspension, ARB things, winch, Scheel-Mann Seats, ALL the maintenance (dat spreadsheet doe), low miles (for these things at least)... I've been looking for years. But I don't want to turn this into a Toyota thread.

Or do I...
Attached Images

Appreciate 6