12-23-2021, 09:41 AM   #12
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadagawd View Post
Guess BMW on-board computer does not tell you it's time to replace the battery?
As others already stated…99% of the time you will get indications that your battery is in a state of discharge by either a warning plus other weird electrical gremlins. Some owners pick up on these small cues whereas others can blow right through the warning and end up getting stranded due to their procrastination or “denial”.

There are 3 levels of warning that your BMW may give you when your battery is below its recommended state of charge…and depending on your BMW model and how it is optioned…the warnings can appear in the instrument cluster or the iDrive screen:
  • Level 1: There is a warning message stating "Charge Battery" but everything else about the vehicle seems to be operating normally. This is a notification and NO service is needed at this time.
  • Level 2: There is a warning message stating " Increased Battery Discharge" and now some of the electrical items are not working. Most common of which are the heater blower fan, door locks, interior lights, and the Comfort Access system..
  • Level 3: There is a warning message saying the vehicle's battery is "Discharged" and the vehicle won't start.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-23-2021 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0