03-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #72
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Assessment waiver?

Sorry you didn't get the house. Did it sell to someone else or is it still on the market?
Yes, owner wanted assessment and inspection waiver signed for quick sale. They had an offer 35k over, mine was 25k over but I was flexible on closing so they accepted it. Then their realtor wanted assessment waiver signed which was not discussed before (she forgot I guess) and for some reason my realtor(also a friend) didnt like their terms and asked to do assessment. So they just sold the house same day to the person with higher offer.

I was driving home from work the other day and though how I fcked up... liked the house, only 7-10 min extra to work from where I live now, town with lower taxes then all others (1500 per year in savings), town sewer(most here have septic), 2 car garage that I always wanted, professionally landscaped and paved driveway, solar panels installed with zero electric bill, new windows, roof, and tankless boiler, unfinished basement with ton of room to make few more rooms in the future etc. Basically this house only needed $20k invested in HVAC and hardwood floors on 2nd fl and it would be all set, about $300 per month in savings due to taxes and solar vs all other houses.

The most depressing part is that we are buying house for our son, so he can play outside (live in condo) and now for the next fcking 6 months and most likely more will have to browse Zillow daily and instead of enjoying life, drive to open houses every weekend which my son hates, but we have no one to leave him with.
Appreciate 0