04-17-2019, 06:09 PM   #154
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
No connected services for us in Greece especially in older models with idrive 4.
Needs coding to have the office menu but then I am not sure if more than that can be done.
Anyway you really made me waiting with baited breath for your next project to "retrofit" the AutoHighBeam feature.
Are you sure that only the simple ActiveGuard camera is all that is needed in the existing spec of the car (ie before changing the lever and coding).
If so where did you find the lever and how can you install it?
Hi Iceman7
My vehicle has the full KAFAS(2) camera which, combined with switch and coding, Should enable “high beam assist”. I am sorry, I sometimes forget that there are differences in specification between markets and also that many F48 owners have the earlier Entrynav HU and not Entrynav2 HU (which were introduced in 07/2017). I cannot 100% confirm that the earlier “activeguard” camera supports “high beam assist” but I am fairly sure that it does. I have read a number of posts elsewhere where owners were retrofitting “high beam assist” with “activeguard (which I think was name for KAFAS1). Perhaps there are owners with 2016 or early 2017 (up to June) F48 who can confirm they have “high beam assist” fitted.

I will research and try to find the coding necessary to enable the email/office function, I have seen it but cannot remember exactly where.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-17-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
iceman7117.00