04-15-2019, 11:01 AM   #142
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
How could high beam assist or lane departure warning be coded with Bimmercode? What extra hardware is needed?

Have you tried Enhanced BT with Bimmercode? What HU is necessary?
One of our colleagues in Greece has enabled it using esys.

As for the option to set the distance you have to drive before reversing sensor image disappears from iDrive screen do you remember where exactly to find it? Is it in the normal mode of the HU section ?

As for the touch controller are you sure you can use it properly only by using bimmercode ? I reckon this requires more than the FDL coding that Bimmercode provides!
Hi Iceman7
For lane departure warning, a steering wheel vibration generator is required as a minimum but possibly also a different airbag module (it is the airbag module which provides the power for the vibration generator) for the high beam assist a replacement steering wheel switch is required (I bought one recently and am waiting to fit) The left side stalk has two end buttons of which one switches high beam assist on and off. I am happy to provide coding for LDW if required, coding for high beam assistant is
BDC FLA-VERBAUT nicht ——> aktiv
HU HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT nicht ——> aktiv
KAFAS FLA_ON_OFF nicht —->aktiv

I need to double check one other setting which may differ dependent on software version
BDC FLA_AUTO_AKTIV nicht —> automatisch. Or A&B (these are switch positions from which it will work either in setting AM(auto) or also in on position. I have not yet done a full search of my car HU for all settings, some people say it works with just first code change and replacement switch.

With regard to WLAN , I have not tried (you will need a Fakra antenna into back of HU) , some claim success but others say it did not work using settings. I can let you have coding also PM me if required.

Sorry, just reread and saw you asked about enhanced BT. I have not tried coding because I appear to have it from factory (I can play music from phone via Bluetooth and connect more than one device) do not need wireless charging.) I believe it can be coded, I understand that factory option has second passenger microphone fitted .

Last edited by MJE60; 04-15-2019 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0