Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDK View Post
Hi Mj60,

Thanks for your reply.
I have seen your posts on different forums, but as a “novice” I get easily confused when it’s not a “clear step by step manual”. Therefore, I would like to hear if you have done an easy step by step guide of how to remove the old screen, replace it with the new, how to do the coding, which codes to use and how to upgrade the controller?
Furthermore, I would like to hear if you could assist in which screen that would match the current system in my car. I see multiple option on eBay, but not sure which 8.8” will work?
Lastly, I’m told as many others by bmw that apple CarPlay is not an option despite having 6UN, 6NW, 6WD and 6AK because 6CP was not installed when it left the factory. Do you have a solution to this?

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your expertise and help

Cheers
Hi
You have a lot of questions. Option 6CP which is CarPlay preparation first became available in F48 ordering guide in approx July 2016 (may vary between markets), At a later date Apple removed “lifetime” CarPlay to a subscription service. Some cars without 6CP can still get OTA subscription if they have full set of options. The only way to tell 100% is to check BMW connected drive site for your car. If you have 6UN , you will have smaller 6.5” screen and BMW will NOT provide OTA (they say it needs bigger screen). Fitting 8.8” screen will not help because the connected drive store checks yout factory VIN and unless you can persuade BMW to update this then it will not offer CarPlay subscription.
Anyone who wants to check 100% should visit connected drive for your country? Go to site, enter you VIN, if it does not offer you a OTA CarPlay subscription then You cannot have it.

With regard to which screen, you should order, it will depend on the build date of your car and whether your 6.5” screen is a touch display or not. You can check part numbers using real oem site, enter VIN and search (remember there can be different parts for US and EU cars also you should choose latest part which was available for when you car was built unless it says an earlier part can be retrospectively fitted). Link to realoem site:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxref?q=65829490069

If you really become stuck and/or wish me to double check for you then you can send me Private Message with you car VIN. The main mistake people make is to order non-touch when they want touch screen, also I have seen sellers say screen is touch when part number shows it is not!

To upgrade your controller (presumably from touch to non touch. note a touch screen does not also need a touch controller to work, you can just leave it ), I have also posted details on separate threads on forum, you will need to get correct part number (use real oem), you will need touch controller, touch control module (this is language specific so be very careful) and a y-splitter adapter cable to fit the module next to the touch controller in the centre console (it is fitted near door at the factory). Again, if you wish me to check, I will also need your VIN and if you are in Russia tell me also - module is different).
I got my F48 y-splitter adapter cable from eBay, this is type and style

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-BMW-F...f7281623e27640

When you have parts, we can cover step by step fitting. I have not posted a guide of physical fitting but would be prepared to do so. Finally, replying takes time, and there is an appreciate button at bottom of each post (it is faint) , it is there to tell person you appreciate the help they have/are giving.

Last edited by MJE60; 08-09-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 5
iceman7117.00
NJDK21.50