03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #74
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkniteF12 View Post
Great advice here...I recently lost 90 lbs and 17% body fat doing a 1000 calorie reduced "way of eating" until I reached my goal weight which was 190 lbs and a body fat % under 20% (I am 6'1). Diets to me sound like its temporary so I wanted to make a life change because for me it was all mental. Now I eat about 1600-2000 healthy calories a day which is a maintenace range, workout 2-3 days a week for 45-60 mins and never drink my calories for the day unless its all protien. I allow a cheat day of eating, even when I was losing weight so I didn't feel too restricted and give up, which most of the time is Sat or Sun and normally its the bad stuff we all love...burgers, fries, pizza, etc. The key is to think long term and life changing and not losing the weight as a short term fix...I keep a picture on my iphone when I was very overweight and look at it when I feel weak or going down the wrong path again. It has been 2 years so the plan is working and I don't plan to buy all new clothes again..lol. Congrats on the 50 lbs and keep going strong! You will be very happy when you reach your goal and feel much better health wise which is the most important benefit!
Any resource to get help with 1000 calories / day menu?
Appreciate 0