View Single Post
      02-08-2023, 06:59 PM   #70
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
i mean its really hard to define free I live below my means... and feel pretty free

theres people who live above and up to their eyes in debt. are they free because they can just buy shit they can't afford? what a concept?

also this country allows you to be unemployed and still have ur needs met. see medicaid, food stamps, blah blah. in other countries u die and starve. so thats a metric many over look with out unemployment rate.

financial freedom is a loose concept. I still need to work, so technically not free? I don't mind working however so technically I am free.
Name those countries
people always say "other countries" but name one country that throws it's citizens out the hospital and doesn't save their lives from cancer or other diseases like the US does? Name one country where people die and starve? Bet you'll say Africa. Newsflash. Africa IS NOT a country. Also, they have cities and rich and poor like we do except THEY don't kick people out of hospitals for not having money. Is someone now seriously going to tell me I'm "rambling" for daring to suggest human life is more valuable than the profits of a hospital? Or massive health insurance corporations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
old boomer nonsense[/url]
Guessing since you're showing a clip from a 1954 movie that I won't bother watching, youre a boomer. Congrats. Your generation got to do all the drugs and whatever you wanted. Easily could afford paying college with a part time job and could easily have a "nuclear family" with a job right out of hs or college.

Yet your greedy generation that did drugs and had all the advantages, is now the same one penalizing drugs, penalizing sex, and making everything more expensive. In 90% of counties in America a full time job isn't enough for a 1 bedroom apartment. There's no nuclear family anymore because wages have gone down when adjusted for inflation (FACT), while college has become 4-5 times more expansive, as well as food. Housing, energy costs, etc.

No one here has made a single argument about my points. It's all insults or childish phrases like "oh you don't know what you're talking about". Yet no one has any counter points, because you can't counter what I say since they're facts.

Last edited by DavesZupra4; 02-08-2023 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
eluded3070.00