xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

TDI Tuning –

Good afternoon.

Introduction
I spent time today, Saturday morning, doing rigorous testing of the new tune you had provided me this morning. I took many verbal recorded notes as I was driving today.

Data Logistics
Car Year/Make/Model: 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Date: October 3nd, 2020
Time: 1 Hour
Distance Traveled: 20 Miles
Driving Conditions: 50/50 mix of Traffic and Highway
Temperature: 51 Degrees Fahrenheit
Tooling: Koso X-1 Boost Gauge (30PSI Max, .5 PSI increment readouts) with NM-Engineering B48 Boost Sensor Tap on Intake Manifold paired with 2,5 Bar Stock MAP Sensor

Note: In doing extensive stock testing using my Koso Boost Gauge and OBD II readouts today, and based on experience yesterday, I would like to make a statement that the Koso Boost Gauge can be up to 1.5 higher PSI reading than the OBDII precise readouts or what boost really is. I may need to see if I have to get a replacement sender. But all measurements between modes are reproducible. The corrected variance is -1.5.

10/3 Readings (w/-1.5 Variance Correction)
Best Readings: 3rd and 4th Gear Pulls on the Highway, Comparable 2nd-4th Gear Pulls All Traffic
Best of Measurements:
1. Stock (TDI-Tuning Off), 23 Consistent
2. TDI-Tuning (Mode 7), ~27.5 Consistent (~4+ PSI Over Stock)
3. TDI-Tuning (Mode 6), ~27 Consistent (~4+ PSI Over Stock)
4. TDI-Tuning (Mode 5), ~26.5 Consistent (~3.5 + PSI Over Stock **Sweet Spot **
5. TDI-Tuning (Mode 4), ~26 Consistent (~3+ PSI Over Stock)
6. TDI-Tuning (Mode 3), ~25 Consistent (~2+ PSI Over Stock)

Summary
The TDI-Tuning product, with the current tune, is a very good blend of power and backs the advertised statement on TDI-Tunings web page of claims of increase in HP and Torque to a tune of ~4+ PSI.

Thoughts
I highly believe this tune is good at all selected choices. Some individuals may want Mode 7 and below slightly reduced to move the curve to Mode 4 being the sweet spot.

Next Steps
Project complete. No more tuning necessary.

Last edited by xcelir8bmw; 10-05-2020 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0