xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

TDI Tuning –

Good afternoon.

Introduction--
I spent time today, Friday afternoon, doing rigorous testing of the current tune you had provided me a few days ago. Now that I have a boost gauge tapped right off the engine, the below are the facts of what I am seeing with scientific proof, eliminate the butt dyno, and eliminate OBDII readings. I took 135 verbal recorded notes as I was driving today.

Data Logistics--
Car Year/Make/Model: 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Date: October 2nd, 2020
Time: 2:00PM-4:00PM CST
Distance Traveled: 40 Miles
Driving Conditions: 50/50 mix of Traffic and Highway
Temperature: 55 Degrees Fahrenheit
Tooling: Koso X-1 Boost Gauge (30PSI Max, .5 PSI increment readouts) with NM-Engineering B48 Boost Sensor Tap and 2,5 Bar Stock MAP Sensor

Readings--
Best Readings: 3rd and 4th Gear Pulls on the Highway
Best/Highest of Measurements:
1. Stock Consistent: 26-26.5 PSI, Stock Max: 29.5 PSI
2. TDI-Tuning (Mode 7) Consistent: 30 PSI-30.x PSI, TDI Max: 30.x PSI

*** MAX GAIN OF TDI OVER STOCK: ~4PSI+ (Boost Gauge only goes to 30) ***

Summary--
The TDI-Tuning product, with the current tune on mode 7 definitely backs the advertised statement on TDI-Tunings web page of claims of increase in HP and Torque to a tune of ~4+ PSI. And in mode 1, ~2.5+ PSI. Both modes offer big power over stock. The installation utilizes 3 sensors, TMAP, MAP, and RPM. And due to this configuration provides for a very smooth and linear increase in HP and Torque over the stock tune.

Thoughts--
I am very pleased with the results and feel that my investment in time, energy, financial efforts, ingenuity in adding probably the first in the world’s boost gauge to this vehicle and B48 variant, as well as the partnerships with TDI-Tuning made this experience, or shall I say a science project (in a good way) very valuable to the BMW community. There are many-many eyes on this project and I guarantee after the post of this report, people will be lining up to buy the product. This production/solution appears to be rock solid on a stock vehicle. Easy to install. Customer service is excellent. Price is right for those who just want to plug-and-play and drive with excitement. Without long term testing, but as of right now, appears to be ‘safe’.

Next Steps--
I would have never thought that I would ask for the following request, but could you provide me a NEW map, that is ‘slightly, like a little bit’ REDUCED in power. The reason being is that I would like to never see more than 30PSI MAX boost on my Koso Boost Gauge, despite the smooth and consistent power and the appearance of no issues and that the car can handle it. I now wish Koso made a Boost Gauge that read more than 30 PSI – but this product seemed to be the only one that met all my needs. The accuracy in comparisons is what I’ve used this tool for, but I am not sure how the accuracy of the Koso product is against other competing products in a similar configured solution. And by all accounts, reducing the power just-a-little-bit will probably solve this and get me closer to the 3-4PSI number consistent readings I desire as well as the slightly reduced maximum PSI readings that I have experienced.

Closing--
Once I receive the new map, I’ll retest and provide my feedback.

Thank you,
Appreciate 1