View Single Post
      10-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #99
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
With recently adding an X2 M Sport X into the garage, I like the concept of offering a limited model/pre-LCI model, but the execution here is a fail...at least in terms of what I feel as a long-time BMW owner would want. But hey, maybe I'm not the target market for this edition....

My 2 cents...
-I like that it has the roof spoiler from the M35i is part of the package, as the current M Sport X package doesn't include it (at least for the US market). It's only a $150 option, but no dealer I have seen ever selected it for vehicles on the lot...and buying it over the counter is about $350-$400 unpainted.

-Coming with the M Sport seats (Optional on the M35i) is a good use of an existing option offering, but why in Mocha???? Wasn't Mocha discontinued for 2021 in the X1 because it was a slower mover? I'd prefer M Cloth for a nice "mesh" touch.

-I do like the black chrome exhaust tips and don't mind the new mesh design grills.

-I like the theme of the darker tone of lower M Sport X panels which are currently Frozen Grey, but I believe that the Mesh edition states its a brownish-black . I guess that goes with the mocha theme, but I'm not fond of it...plus brownish-black to me is the color of my black wheels covered in brake dust after driving a few days.

-The biggest FAIL to me are the wheels, the orange accent theme and the stripes. Be it I believe that the strips are a no cost option, or maybe its a no cost option to be without them, but come on.....the original F&F franchise wants their designs back....

In regards to the revised headlights and the deletion of the fog lights, thats for all 2021 models.
'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X

Last edited by Will Pwr; 10-02-2020 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0