View Single Post
      09-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #96
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Hello.

I just got off a very good call with TDI in the UK.

I learned many things on the call. The key points are the following:

RPM sensor is KEY to a good MAP. Hence why it is smooth and controllable.

I found out that the 4000-5500 RPM crossover point that I 'feel' like VTEC in an Honda and Acura is actually massaging of fuel and boost and that RPM so that the ECU doesn't misfire or cause issues where it may be happening on the JB4 to cause PSI spikes to drop to a different map or failover - basically to protect the engine.

And lastly, to keep it simple for today, the MAP I have is definitely not the most agressive MAP that it can be.

So, what's next? What did TDI and I agree on? Very simple, I'll have the Boost Gauge on this weekend, drive around, and basically let them know what PSI I am at for peak and consistent. And the target from my point of view is 25.5 to 26.5. 3-4 PSI of boost additional over stock.

After this call I am even more optimistic that TDI and all that I have experienced could work. This is a co-effort between myself and TDI at this point, we've both agreed to agree on this.

What bugs me now that I learned more is the lack of RPM on the JB4 and the problems I've heard a few guys talk about on this forum.

So the boost gauge goes on this weekend, and I'll advise TDI where we are at and by Monday I should have another MAP, and spend hopefully no more than an additional day to close this project out.

And in the end, what does it mean for the community? $400-$450 shipped for a plug and play 3-4PSI solution, done - no other bullshit.

Hope this clarifies this project.

Last edited by xcelir8bmw; 10-05-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0