09-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #94
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

TDI Team –

Good evening.

This is going to be a long Email. So please take your time, and don’t jump to conclusions to quickly. I’m really trying here…

I performed more testing this evening with the latest MAP that I applied this morning.

But before I get into the results, I wanted to deeply explain that I am representing the BMW M35i community worldwide and with that I am not only investing an incredible amount of time, energy, and effort, but financial funds as well, not just with your TDI-Tuning solution, but everything that surrounds it.

I am doing so for the good of the community to prove or disprove that your product can add 3PSI over stock that will provide the power as listed on your website. It is in the hopes that this weekend I can come to conclusion of this very fact once I custom install a boost gauge solution, and retest to see what power is really truly being added. And if it is 3PSI and all that I have been feeling will back that up then excellent. The project stops, and I’ll be good with it. However, if the result of this weekend’s testing yields not anywhere near 3PSI, I would ask that provide me a map that does add the 3PSI increase in power now that I will have a boost gauge solution to validate it.

Once this science project of a project comes to conclusion, hopefully by this weekend, you’ll have many-many-many people lining up to purchase this solution with the given MAP we’ve ended up with.

As I mentioned, I tried the Dinan and it just did not work. Many of my colleagues are successfully using BMS JB4 with 3PSI above stock, they feel the power, they have proof via internal boost gauge and logging of the power and there are no issues with the JB4 solution – albeit at a higher cost of your solution by a couple hundred dollars, but if you factor in your solution plus my boost gauge costs, the costs can be considered similar within fifty dollars. Honestly, I would love to tell someone ‘just buy the TDI-Tuning solution and make sure you get the right map’, plug it in, and enjoy. No worries of logging or boost gauge to prove it or not (unless of course someone wants it). In the end if all works out, you should be paying me to do this R&D for USA customers. (smile)

OK, with that out of the way, the only difference in today’s drive was that it was a consistent 60 degrees Fahrenheit vs the 75 degrees it had been the last few times. 93 Octane. 20 miles drive. 55% regular traffic, 45% highway driving. 1.5 Hours. Multiple scenarios just that I had in the past. I took a lot of verbal notes while driving and they are listed below, in no particular order.

Spoiler alert – the BMW X2M35i loves the cooler temperatures – most definitely. In all my testing today in the cooler temps, I will now ‘uptick’ my comments of ‘there is something there’ with ‘there is something REALLY there’ but in the end it wasn’t that discernable to stock maps because in the cooler temperatures both stock and TDI maps performed more effectively than when it was hotter outside. My conclusion is that I really need to drive the vehicle with my boost gauge to see what PSI over stock it’s running. This goes to my comments above. I will say, the TDI maps, as always, have been so much better and smoother than the stock maps requiring a Pedal Tuner. Today was pleasant to drive. It felt like it had get up and go in both stock and TDI maps with the edge of course being the TDI maps. I can’t say there was an oomph put me in the seat power, but at these cooler temps – I definitely was digging driving the vehicle, more so with the TDI map, than stock – definitely. However, I want the power, and again as I said below, if what I am feeling is 3PSI, then we’re done all is good. If not, I want more power like the BMS JB4 can offer.

My Raw Notes:
  • Stepping down 500 RPM increments noticeable
  • Between 4000 and 5500 RPM I still feel something, not as noticeable as before, but it’s there – some VTEC crossover point or whatever you want to call it
  • It feels like there is more power, but maybe it’s the weather
  • I see no changes with TDI map on with OBDII boost gauge readings as they are similar to all the other tests prior
  • Going to stock map and every day driving is definitely not as smooth and is more noticeable than the highway, harder to tell
  • Seems like there are more rev hangs at high RPMs in manual mode – nothing bad, this is what I experienced on stock maps always
  • On the highway I saw the OBDII boost gauge spike to 21.32 as I had seen in the past, rarely, but it does happen
  • Exhaust pop-pop is still more evident on the TDI map
  • The TDI map appears to be safe in the way the automobile drives. Curious what PSI is being had.
  • Off the highway at 35MPh, the car does seem to get up and go, a bit better on the TDI map than stock, besides the smooth map, I’m wondering if it’s also the cooler temperature.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0