Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Here's another one, not sure anything about the company:

Hi wILLIAM,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding #truetune for vehicle FG11 VYF.

https://satuning.co.uk/truetune/

The #truetune is a personal remapping tool, not a tuning box. It allows you to remap a vehicle without leaving home.

Stock you should be running approximately 326 bhp and 450 NMs of torque. Previously we have achieved an average of 380 bhp and 520 NMs of torque with this vehicle. This is with a Stage 1 Remap, which is designed for use with standard components and within all mechanical tolerances. We class this as our fast road application, which is the best all round performance for stock vehicles.

As a natural consequence of more torque you may also see better fuel economy when driving conservatively. However, this can vary from vehicle to vehicle and is dependent on driving style.
This is a very similar to the product I used on my 2007 E91 (Touring) 325d M Sport. I cannot remember the name of the company unfortunately. It was a very large one based in the EU. If I cast my mind back, I purchased the product, then downloaded the standard ECU map from my car and sent it away to the company. They then sent me 3 different maps that I loaded into the tool. I could change the map to whatever I wanted at any time. I had to be careful that the battery was fully charged before switching maps, because the procedure took me about 20 minutes to carry out, and if there was low battery voltage the remap could fail. The maps ranged from economy to the highest that was possible, plus you could go back to the standard map for visits to the dealer. There was also a valet mode.

Personally having had this knowledge and experience with many other tuning boxes on several VW Golf turbo diesels, in my opinion the Tdi Tuning box is the better product by far.

I have also used a product called Bluefin, and, around the time I used Superchips https://www.superchips.co.uk/?gclid=...UaAnJqEALw_wcB to flash my Audi A3 Tdi.

Superchips used to be big in the US some years ago. Not sure if they have a presence there now.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 09-21-2020 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0